From: Charp, Paul [mailto:pac4@cdc.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 8:12 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: uranium in drinking water

We have been involved with this situation for about a week.  The uranium
data we have received thusfar is that the uranium analysis was performed by
gamma spec with the following results listed as pCi/L:

U-nat     758 +/- 140  mda 0.8
U 235    7 +/- 2         mda 0.5
U 234    512 +/- 95    mda 0.8
U 238    224 +/- 42    mda 0.7

the total alpha was measured at 882 pCi/L with no indication of the method
used for this analysis