RE: Al Gore

This is very third hand information but a dental equipment representative
told me that he visited an dental office at which Gore received dental
care.  Supposedly Gore refused dental x-rays because he was afraid of the
harmful effects.  If this is true there are implications regarding his
possible political stance.

At 09:36 AM 10/17/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Bernard,
>
>Please post this on RADSAFE
>
>Al Gore, Pro Nuclear or Anti Nuclear?
>
>In the 1988 time frame Al Gore (then a U. S. Senator from Tennessee), was
>Key Note Speaker at an American Nuclear Society Meeting held at the
>Opryland Hotel in Nashville.  He detailed the rate of pollutants introduced
>to the atmosphere from domestic and world wide fossil fuel use.  He strongly
>suggested nuclear power as part of the solution.  He received a standing
>ovation.  There were over 2000 in the audience.
>
>Jess Greenborg
>Richland, Washington

Dave Derenzo, MPH  (dave@uic.edu)
Associate Director for Radiation Safety