Re: Al Gore

I too noticed that he does not mention nuclear power - he might lose the support of certain hollywood celebrities/money.  Seriously, normally I would not say this over this bandwidth - But here is my question - do any of my fellow radsafers know of EITHER/ANY of the candidates stance on nuclear power?  Has any candidate took a stand and mentioned nuclear power in there total energy plan?
--

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:08:28   Thomas M Lashley wrote:
>You can find Al Gore's agenda for energy at the following link:
>
>http://www.algore.com/energy/gas_agenda2.html
>
>He does not mention nuclear power in his agenda.
>
>Tom Lashley
>mailto:LashleyT@DTEenergy.com
>
>Bernard L Cohen wrote:
>
>> Bernard,
>>
>> Please post this on RADSAFE
>>
>> Al Gore, Pro Nuclear or Anti Nuclear?
>>
>> In the 1988 time frame Al Gore (then a U. S. Senator from Tennessee), was
>> Key Note Speaker at an American Nuclear Society Meeting held at the
>> Opryland Hotel in Nashville.  He detailed the rate of pollutants introduced
>> to the atmosphere from domestic and world wide fossil fuel use.  He strongly
>> suggested nuclear power as part of the solution.  He received a standing
>> ovation.  There were over 2000 in the audience.
>>
>> Jess Greenborg
>> Richland, Washington

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com