Politics and Publicly-Owned or Funded Computer Systems

Lately on RADSAFE we have seen a number of political postings or "information"
that crosses the line between fact and political opinion.  Some of these have
been made using computer systems or network that either state of federal
government property (including .gov, .mil, .state, and even some .edu and .com)
and maybe even done while charging labor to the government.  This is completely
inappropriate and may well be illegal in many cases.  Partisan political
messages have no place on a supposedly technical listserver like RADSAFE.

That said, I urge all of you, regardless of your politics, to get out and vote.

George J. Vargo, Ph.D., CHP
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
International Nuclear Safety Program
PO Box 999