Re: ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS COULD HELP PROMOTE CANCERS

In a message dated 10/19/00 9:30:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ruth_weiner@email.msn.com writes:

<< I thought this had been settled a few years ago and the evidence that there
 is no effect was published in Physics Today Letters.

 Ruth Weiner >>

Yale has done some research in this area.  I don't offhand remember the names
of the researchers, but they were a physicist and biologist team.  They gave
a presentation of their work and I recall the gist of it being:

1.  The local EM fields within cells are so great that the external EM fields
from power lines, etc. are noise in comparison.

2.  In high EM fileds, the only response observed  in mammals was increased
sweating.  This is an acure response, I do not remember whether they were
studying chronic exposures.

Barbara Reider,  CHP
Reider Radiation Consulting LLC