X-Ray cabinet

Mr. Barnes,

". . . independently of existing architectural structures except the floor. . ."

The concept being addressed is that the "cabinet" does not DEPEND on anything EXCEPT the floor to provide part of the shielding or personnel exclusion.  It's irrelevant whether it is attached to the floor, walls, etc., or can be moved.  You can even put it on rollers, or weld it in place, but if it depends on walls/ceiling/other structures as part of the shielding, etc., it isn't a cabinet.  The idea is that a cabinet requires less compensating administrative or other controls to prevent inadvertent or excessive exposure, because the inherent engineering controls inherent are designed to reduce such a need.

V/R
George R. Cicotte
Health Physicist 3
Nuclear Materials Safety
Ohio Department of Health
DISCLAIMER:  Current position having been noted, the above is my opinion only.  Please note that I work in "nuclear materials safety," not "x-ray" or "radiation generating devices," and I haven't cleared this with my management.  I could be wrong, and occasionally am, but I don't think so this time.  Beware of free advice.  Please send flames to my private email and don't use too many electrons cluttering up RADSAFE.  I already had to set it on digest so I could get some work done.