Re: Ramsar, Iran - A.Karam & Z.Jaworowski

Folks,

I know I have been out of loop since my submarine days, but. If the contact
measurements are solid at the 2.2 mr/hr, could you not inverse square the dose
rate to gain the body burden estimate based on times of exposure? Just
thinking, "out loud"...

"Karam, Andrew" wrote:

> Dear Mike and others:
>
> The highest readings I noted were on contact with walls or floors.  The
> floor measurement of 2.2 mr/hr (22 uGy/hr) was at the spot where the
> residents sleep.  General area measurements (i.e. one meter above ground)
> were up to about 1 mr/hr in many places in areas I visited and are reported
> up to 28 uGy/hr (2.8 mr/hr) elsewhere.  Estimates of average annual dose to
> residents from all sources (including radon inhalation and radium ingestion
> from local vegetables) is about 71 mSv/yr (7.1 rem/yr).  There are about
> 2000 permanent, full-time inhabitants in the high-background areas.  The
> above information comes from a combination of personal observation and data
> supplied by Javad Mortazavi and Masoud Beitollahi, who have studied this
> region extensively.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Andy
>
> Andrew Karam, CHP                (716) 275-1473 (voice)
> Radiation Safety Officer            (716) 273-2236 (fax)
> University of Rochester
> 601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH     Rochester, NY  14642
>
> Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu
>
> It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.  Insensibly one
> begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
> (A Scandal in Bohemia, Arthur Conan Doyle)
begin:vcard
n:Pearce;Kevin
tel;fax:804-367-2206
tel;home:804-364-2995
tel;work:804-367-2126/1889
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Center for Quality Health Care Services and Comsumer Protection;Division of Certificate of Public Need
version:2.1
email;internet:kpearce@vdh.state.va.us
title:Senior Planning Analyst
adr;quoted-printable:;;3600 West Broad Street, Suite 216=0D=0A;Richmond;VA;23230-2149;USA
fn:Kevin G. Pearce, MPA
end:vcard