Re: Missing Shipment?

Many thanx for taking the time to respond.  Although I generally agree with what
you say, I have concerns about a few items:

"FedEx and the licensee were both authorized to have the
materials.  So, as long as either of them had the materials, there was no
concern for public health and safety."  - I can't agree with this.  The package
could have been in the building lobby or another public area, or in a
nonradiological part of the facility.  While there, it could have resulted in
unnecessary exposure.  It could also have been opened or damaged by an
unauthorized person.

"The shipment was due on October 31 and was received on November 2,  how does
that mean it was lost for a week?" - FedEx claims the package was delivered on
October 26.  The licensee claims that they didn't receive it until November 2.
This is within acceptance criteria for "a week."

Although it is true that the NRC prints the licensee notifications virtually
unedited, the agency loses credibility when it prints reports which are so
obviously self-contradictory.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com