RE: Ramsar, Iran - A.Karam & Z.Jaworowski

I don't know of any at present.  However, when it was critical, radiation
dose rates in the Oklo reactor averaged about 1 Gy per hour.  This is based
on literature estimates of about the total number of fissions per cubic cm
over the operating lifetime of the reactor.  Sorry - I'll have to dig for
the exact numbers as I did the calculations several months ago.

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP                (716) 275-1473 (voice)
Radiation Safety Officer            (716) 273-2236 (fax)
University of Rochester
601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH     Rochester, NY  14642

Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.  Insensibly one
begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
(A Scandal in Bohemia, Arthur Conan Doyle)