Radioactivity concentrations in the Tom and Romashka rivers

Steven Dapra asks about radioactivity concentrations in the Tom and
Romashka rivers and notes that Norm Buske is the head author of the report.

I don't know what the real values are but I am aware of some of Buske's
previous work.  He was a 'researcher' for Greenpeace around 1991 and
claimed to have detected Cs-134 in the ocean off Mururoa Atoll, site of
underground French nuclear tests.  Examination of his methods indicated
that the limits of detection of his equipment were well above the
concentrations (of Cs-134 in plankton) which he claimed to have detected.

Andrew McEwan

Andrew C McEwan PhD
National Radiation Laboratory
PO Box 25-099