RE: radiation leaks...

	According to the St. Petersburg Times article:

	Dangerous levels of radioactivity - exceeding the amount produced by
10,000
	nuclear reactors - have been detected in two rivers near a western
Siberian
	nuclear complex, a U.S.-based nuclear watchdog said in a report
issued
Thursday.

Since it was "a U.S. based nuclear watchdog" that made the report, there is
no telling what kinds of ethereal fantasies crossed their minds.  Please
understand I use the term "minds" loosely.  Produced by 10,000 reactors?
Certainly this information is based on the group's extensive reactor
knowledge and solid, research based "science" (sic).    Give me a break!!!!
I know this may be starting a thread, but outside of Chernobyl, the only
source of major contamination assisted by the Soviet/Russian Government's
nuclear program that I am aware of is "Cesium Lake".  Certainly there are
others that I am unaware of, but this is the most famous.  I don't believe
it contains any visible outlet that may find it's way into streams and
rivers though.  Does anybody have any recent (since 1987) data on "Cesium
Lake"?

My opinions only and not necessarily the opinions of my employer, bosses,
subordinates, and anyone else who thinks they have authority over me, both
living or dead.

Paul Pollan, RRPT
Southern Company
pbpollan@southernco.com