RE: Cherenkov radiation [ incl. blue flash and criticality ]

Could it be that the Cesium Chloride salt cristal has scintillative
properties?  Doesn't sound too physically different from NaI.  I wouldn't
think the 662 keV photon would have enough energy to liberate an electron
with enough energy to create Cherenkov.  Of course, I'm not sure what the
speed of light through that medium is either.

Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@exeloncorp.com

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon Corp. proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the  Exelon Corp. family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.