(Fwd) FW: ISO/FDIS 11929-4

If anyone would like a copy of the 2 referenced PDF files, for review
and/or comment, please let me know.

Date sent:      	Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:21:30 -0800
From:           	"Fix, John J" <jack.fix@pnl.gov>
Subject:        	FW: ISO/FDIS 11929-4
To:             	"Bill Harris (E-mail)" <bill.harris@redstone.army.mil>,
       	"Bill Inkret (E-mail)" <WCT@LANL.GOV>,
       	"Gordon Riel (E-mail)" <rielgk@nswccd.navy.mil>,
       	Mike Knight <mknight@pantex.com>, Paul Charp <pac4@cdc.gov>,
       	"Sandy Perle (E-mail)" <sandyfl@earthlink.net>,
       	Sharon Schumacher <BSSchu@aol.com>,
       	"Theresa Aldridge (E-mail)" <Theresa_L_Aldridge@rl.gov>,
       	"Wayne Glines (E-mail)" <Wayne_M_Glines@rl.gov>,
       	"Bob Devine (E-mail)" <devine_r@LANL.GOV>,
       	"Henry Kahnhauser (E-mail)" <hfk@bnl.gov>,
       	"JIm Neton (E-mail)" <jfn2@cdc.gov>,
       	"Kathy Higley (E-mail)" <Higley@ne.orst.edu>,
       	"Norman McElroy (E-mail)" <nmcelroy@leland.Stanford.EDU>,
       	Tracy Ikenberry <taidma@3-cities.com>

Everyone:

Please feel free to distribute the attached to anyone who may be interested in
the attached.  Comments are encouraged from technical experts and are not
coordinated by the HPSSC or N13.

Jack Fix, CHP
Staff Scientist
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
P.O. Box 999
6th and W Street, Bldg. 790
Richland, WA  99352
Phone:  509.375.2512
FAX:      509.375.6936
E-mail:   jack.fix@pnl.gov

US Vote on ISO/FDIS 11929-4 Determination of the detection limit and
decision threshold for ionizing radiation measurements - Part 4:
Fundamentals and application to measurements by use of linear-scale analogue
ratemeters, without the influence of sample treatment

Dave Smith, NTAG Chairman

The subject Final Draft International Standard has been circulated and the
U.S., as a "P" Member of ISO/TC 85/SC 2 has been asked to vote by 23 JANUARY
2001.  This document is attached in PDF format and is approximately 29 pages
in length.

This draft is being circulated to Mr K L Swinth, Overall Advisor for 85/SC
2, the U.S. Experts on WG 17, to contacts for N13 and ASTM E10 and to the
entire NTAG Mailing list.

I am asking our contacts to submit their recommended votes/comments to Mr
Swinth by FRIDAY, 12 January 2001 so that he in turn can submit the
recommended US vote/comments to you and to me by the 17 JANUARY. .  Contacts
are asked to recommend one of the following votes and, if appropriate
include comments.

____We approve the technical content of the draft as presented.
____We disapprove for the technical reasons stated.

It should be noted that the U.S. voted disapproval with comments at the DIS
stage in March 1999.  The comments are also attached.

If you have any difficulties downloading this document please contact me or
Kevin Sullivan in my office (212-642-4963  E-Mail: ksulliva@ansi.org ).

Thank you.

Charlie Zegers
NTAG Administrator

Charles T Zegers
Secretary, USNC/IEC
American National Standards Institute
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
Tel: 212-642-4965
Fax: 212-730-1346
E-Mail: czegers@ansi.org

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.			E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandyfl.nukeworker.net