Re: Radioactive "seed" treatment no threat to others- ISOTOPE??

Not sure about other possible manufacturers, but Theragenics (http://www.theragenics.com/) uses Pd-103 in their "TheraSeed" implants.

  Bobby Coleman
  colemanrl@ornl.gov

At 10:45 AM 11/29/00 -0600, you wrote:
Is anyone familiar with the radionuclide used in the specific seeds tested in
the following study noted in a post to radsafe? I would think it is Iodine
based and not Pd-103. Any insights from people closer to this issue?

Stewart Farber
email: radiumproj@cs.com