Re: pitch blend

Irene:  Pitchblende is a very rich uranium ore containing on the order of
60% U.  You can expect to have ingrowth of progeny from the U-238 and U-235
chains.  Suggest you check the requirements of 10 CFR 40.
Bill Goldsmith
Radian Remediation Services
865.220.8265
bill_goldsmith@urscorp.com

                    Irene K Sakimoto          To:     Multiple recipients of list
                    <isakimot@hawaii.e        <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
                    du>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     pitch blend
                    radsafe@romulus.eh
                    s.uiuc.edu

                    11/29/2000 15:54
                    Please respond to
                    radsafe

Hi Everyone,

Could anyone tell me if there is a radioactive component in pitch
blend.  We found some in a bottle in a lab and were wondering if we had to
label it with radioactive stickers or how to dispose it if necessary.

Please respond to me privately.

Thanks,

Irene Sakimoto
RSO