Re: Victoreen 470

At 03:14 PM 11/29/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I saw a Victoreen 470 mentioned on a recent post.
>Ted

Yes, the 470A "Panaromic" is a wonderful instrument. There are still lots
of places to get the 22.5 V batteries that supply the bias voltage 9 (I
assume that you're referring to those). You can always start with Newark,
or Radio Shack could (almost certainly) order them for you, or there are
good people at a place called Antique Electronic Supply, in Tempe AZ. You
can call them at (480)820-5411, or fax to (800)706-6789, or visit their
website at tubesandmore.com.

In re the restoration, the only thing I can suggest is to give
Inovision/Victoreen a call, and see what they have on the shelf that they
could cannibalize. Tom Krivan, in the shop there, has always been very
helpful to me.

Break a leg
cja