Re: Victoreen 470

Thanks for your suggestions:

Radio Shack and Newark CANNOT have mercury batteries since they are
currently "illegal to manufacture or import for sale" in the US -
PERIOD! (besides - I checked over a year ago).

I checked out the tubesandmore web site and they DO have a 22.5 volt
battery but they do not give the everyready part number.  It does appear
to be and old La Lanche cell or "B" battery and not mercury.

I think we would need to find a place to buy them from directly for our
own use (legal I think) - and then face the music from IH!