Re: Deaths from fossil fuel burning air pollution

	There is extensive literature on this subject and we obviously
can't anbalyze it here. A readable summary is in the book by Richard
Wilson and John Spengler, "Particles in our Air", Harvard University Press
(1996). It contains several hundred literature citations. The EPA analysis
is given in the very thick Report to Congress on "Benefits and Costs of
the Clean Air Act" (1999).

 Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh