RE: I-131 treatment rooms

****** Message from Tehila    E-Mail Filter   **********

** No virus found in attached file noname.htm

Tehila Content Filter has scanned this mail for viruses, vandals and suspicious attachments and has found it to be CLEAN.

*****************     End of message     ***************
Dear Mrs./Ms./Mr. J. Swoy,

Thank you very much on the compliment you gave us in the Radiation Safety
Division of the Ministry of the Environment in Israel. We are happy to make
"silly" actions in order to protect the public and the environment. I
believe that in the past it was the attitude to all who cared for the public
and the environment, but not any more.
You know, whenever someone is posting a question or have any kind of
complain, we have to ask ourselves "what is the reasons for that?". Trying
to answer it first is a good way to eliminate the problem, or at least give
50% of the answer. Another approach is to ask the Ministry of the
Environment what is the reason for the obligation. Having an overall view
may assist in analyzing and understanding the situation. For the respect of
Mr. Kalish and the institute he work in and in order to keep the
restrictions I have as an employer of the  Israeli Government, I can not
elaborate on the specific problem. Generally, Mr. Redmond and Dr. Rozental
gave you good ideas to think again if the demand is silly or not. Please
remember that we are less worried of radioactivity concentration in the
common sewer collector, then of contamination .As Dr. Rozental pointed out,
applicants are invited to prove that they have a better alternative.
Best regards
Moshe Keren
Head of Ionizing Radiation Inspection Sector
Radiation Safety Division
Ministry Of the Environment
Israel