Re: Deaths from fossil fuel burning air pollution

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Thomas J Savin wrote:

> It could be the stress level in the cities that make for the higher death rate - numerous studies have been performed in the area too.  What do you think?

	--How about stress levels among the Japanese A-bomb victims? Is
that considered?
	In the air pollution treatments, many potential confounding
factors are considered, and some of these would serve as surrogates for
stress -- like population density, % unemployment, % employed in
manufacturing, % employed in farming, etc.(The Pope study is of
Metropolitan areas, not of cities).