Personal Contamination Goals

Greetings Radsafers.

I am working to establish a meaningful metric for the number of personal skin and clothing contaminations at a facility.  I am leaning towards a "personal contamination rate" (contaminations per man-hour worked in radiologically controlled areas) per rather than just number of contams.  Questions:

1.  Any further suggestions or examples of a weighted tabulation based upon total hours worked?

2.  What would an appropriate goal value be for an effective materials control program?  Obviously, zero is a desirable goal, but rarely attained.  I am looking for a realistic benchmark based upon rates in well-maintained programs.

Thanks and happy holidays!
Mike

Mike Davidson
GTS Duratek