Three mile island syndrome

Hi Everyone,

Here is the ATSDR's action dealing with Psychological Responses to Toxic Contamination.  The responses of people to Three Mile Island are highlighted.

This shows me two things:

1. (We already know this) The power of the press and how people react and are affected.

2.  That when I think of it, it seems that the agencies that are empowered to protect "us" are really the agencies that are making us scared, depressed, up in arms.....etc.  through there press releases, public relations and just general philosophies (like EPA trying to regulate the growing of hi-yield bio-tech corn????!!!!! WHAT?!There is no connection!  see cnn.com either in food or health.)

The ATSDR site of interest is http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/HEC/v10n1-1.htlm

What do you think?

One more thought - I do not have the answer to: How do we convence people that nuclear power has a positive side?  I know at one time, in 1964 @ the New York's World's Fair, they were irradiating dimes and placing them in a holder and giving them to the tourist
I thought it was GREAT! It's a shame we don't do that sort of PR anymore.

Thanks!

Tom Savin

Great Gift Idea!  FREE cell phone, internet ready at Lycos Marketplace
 http://www.inphonic.lycos.com/redirect.asp?referringpage=www.lycosd1