Re: We are killing nuclear workers!

Having worked with the three enrichment plants in the DOE community, I can say
there was, is and will be a radiation safety program in place for the workers.  As
in all things governmental, it was conceived by the government, funded by the
government, blessed by the government, and now exposed as inadequate by the
government.  Granted, contractors implemented the program, and as in any endeavor,
there was (and is) room for improvement.  But a program did exist.

On the other hand, throwing small sums of money to individuals directly affected
by plant operations, will not reduce suffering from illnesses, nor will it comfort
the families of those that suffered in the past.

This is purely a political move to create a legacy by the current administration.

Glenn Murphy
The Matrix Group, Inc.
tmginc@icx.net