RE: Request for suggestion

At 07:56 AM 12/14/00 -0600, Michael Kent wrote:

> ...  "When the average joe can no longer afford to heat his home,
>cool his beer, and watch Sunday football, nuclear power will make a
>comeback."
>
>	I still believe this is true.  Eventually, barring some miraculous
>discovery or breakthrough, when electric prices become so outrageous, the
>public's wallet will shut their ear's to the anti nuke rhetoric and want
>cheap reliable energy.  That is where nuclear power will come back in.

Last Monday during the evening news on Channel 4 (NBC in Los Angeles), they
showed the control room of one of the reactors at Diablo Canyon and anchor
actually sounded grateful that the unit was coming back on-line after a
period of maintenance, thus ending the worst of the California power crunch
of the last couple of weeks.  One small step for mankind ...

Frank E. Gallagher, III, CHP
Manager, Radiation Protection
Radiation Safety Officer
Environmental Health & Safety

University of California, Irvine  ||  EH&S Services Facility
4600 Bison Avenue  ||  Irvine, CA  92697-2725
Phone: (949) 824-6904  ||  Fax: (949) 824-8539
fegallag@uci.edu  ||  http://www.abs.uci.edu/depts/ehs/