re: Re: Request for suggestion

Does any one have a quick calculation of the total amount of Solar energy that
hits the earth
every day, as compared to all the energy generated by nuclear and/or fossil
fuel.

I think the comparison shows the triviality of man's influence on heating the
earth's environment (i.e., thermal pollution).

Thanks, John P. Hageman, Radiation Safety Officer, Southwest Research
Institute, 6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
Ph: 210-522-2633, Fax: 210-522-5720, jph@swri.edu

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part of the Original Message - - - - - - - - - - -
- - -
We would have a stronger argument if we could say nuclear power plants don't
contribute to
warming the planet.  The best we can do for now is say nuclear power plants
don't contribute any more to warming the planet than do other major energy
sources.

n:Fuller;Mike tel;work:(413) 543 6911 ext 25 x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.u1st.com org:UniTech Services Group;Health Physics and Engineering
- - - - - - - - - - - - End of Original Message - - - - - - - - - - - -