Re: Request for suggestion

When I was an anti-nuke, one of the arguments I used was that if a nuclear
power plant caused even one death that was too much.  That is a brain dead
concept.  However, no one ever challenged me on that.  I had to challegne
myself by reading Dr. Cohen's articles and moving to West Virginia to see
what coal usage is really like.  Every human activity causes deaths.
Noncommunist nuclear power just causes fewer than most, if not all other,
comparable human activities.  It is a success story from a safety
perspective.  If you want to save a life, do something to keep an nuclear
power plant operating.  Because every moment that it is operating it is
displacing a killer technology.  Real people are killed by coal, oil,
hydroelectric and natural gas.  Theoretical people are threoretically killed
by nuclear power plants.   Some people say that automobiles and airplanes
are OK because everybody that is killed by them chose to use them.  A
completely false concept.  Babies are killed in cars and airplanes.  People
on the ground are killed by falling airplanes, more even than from
Chernobyl.   People in their houses and yards are killed by vehicles, again,
more even than Chernobyl.  For each of those technologies the single most
credible accident has not yet occured.   Fossil power plant cooling towers,
in some cases required by environmental regulations, have killed more people
than nuclear power plants.  Drive by Willow Island, West Virginia some day.
You can see the killer cooling tower and the change in the color of the
concrete where it did its killing.  Ignorance and lies should not be allowed
to continue killing thousands of people.  If you are alive, thank a nuclear
power plant operator.  Tora! Tora! Tora!