RE: Request for suggestion

The riskiest thing that happens to anyone is being born because the chance
of death is 100%.  After that, it's just a question of where, when, and how.
This also means that ANY human activity eventually will have a 100%
correlation with death at some point, even though there may be no causative
agent.

I would suggest that we should be trying to protect first against those
things that cause large numbers of deaths, early deaths, or both.  It seems
likely to me that, at least in the more industrialized nations, we have made
good progress in attacking these agents, leading to an increase in the
numbers of deaths at later ages from heart disease and cancer - the things
that will eventually catch up with anyone who lives long enough.

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP                (716) 275-1473 (voice)
Radiation Safety Officer         (716) 273-2236 (fax)
University of Rochester
601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH     	    Rochester, NY  14642

Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.  Insensibly one
begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
(A Scandal in Bohemia, Arthur Conan Doyle)