Re: Energy site & education

I sent the following message to the first website:

I am absolutely appalled at your descriptions of nuclear power,
radioactivity, and
radioactive waste, and the thought that you are promoting this distorted
stuff as
"curriculum."  Curriculum for what?  An anti-nuke propaganda school?  To
take just
one example from your page:

The primary use for water in a thermal power generating plant (nuclear AND
coal
AND natural gas AND oil AND geothermal, etc) is to transfer hear from the
heat
source to the mturbine (the coil that need to rotate in magentic field) in
order to
generate electricity.  In transferring the heat, of course the source is
cooled.  that';s
why you have a heat transfer system -- because you can't generate
electricity without
transferring heat from the source.  Further cooling of the spent steam is of
course
needed for any thermal generator.  Nuclear plants do run hotter at the
source than
fossil fuel combustion, but fossl plkants are plenty hot also.

Your description of radioactive waste is distorted in the extreme, and
actually in
error.  Human intrusion is no longer a scenario under consideration.

It is disgraceful to masquerade your web site as "educational."