Draft FDA Guidance document on the use of KI

Colleagues -

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has published a draft document titled "Potassium Iodide as a Thyroid Blocking Agent in Radiation Emergencies" (Issued 1/2001, Posted 1/3/2001) on its website at http://www.fda.gov/cder/whatsnew.htm. The document is found close to the bottom of the page under the "Guidance Documents" section, in either HTML or PDF format.

I apologize in advance to those of you who may received multiple copies of this message ... I broadcast it as widely as possible, and some of you are one 2-3 of my e-mail lists.

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources