Re[2]: Draft FDA Guidance document on the use of KI

     Yes, but if you do not block the thyroid from absorbing other iodine,
     where or how it is absorbed is academic.

Subject: RE: Draft FDA Guidance document on the use of KI
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at smtplink
Date:    1/3/01 3:19 PM

Does anybody else see inconsistencies here?  Most of the thyroid cancers
were caused by ingesting milk products, but we want you to take KI
immediately (or within 4 hours) when the accident occurs for protection
against inhaled radioiodines??  It seems we are spending a lot of time and
resources for protection against the inhaled radioiodines when it is the
ingested products that are the real culprits.

My thoughts alone.

Cindy Ledbetter
TVA Mechanical-Nuclear Design / Engineering / Watts Bar
Cynthia M. Ledbetter
EQB 2N-WBN
P. O. Box 2000
Spring City, TN 37381-2000
Phone:  (423) 365-1582  Fax:  (423) 365-1750
E-mail:  cmledbetter@tva.gov