From: RICHARD.T.WHITMAN@customs.treas.gov
[mailto:RICHARD.T.WHITMAN@customs.treas.gov]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 11:01 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re[2]: Depleted Uranium and Leukemia

Funny thing, while remediating a DU firing area while assigned as an RSO for
the
Navy at White Oak Maryland and Dahlgren Virginia we were able to use a GM
Meter
to locate intact slugs in targets and a berm.  It may be that other isotopes
in
the DU rounds were giving the energy that we used to find them.  I'm not an
academic, but it worked for 20mm DoD rounds.

Rick Whitman
USCS RSO