Re: Thalium Stress Test

Kelly

I'm not sure that anyone on this list, other than the highly estimable Dr
Carol Marcus, is in a position to second guess a doc on this.

But, briefly, Tl-201 Chloride is usually (last I knew) given during a
resting phase.  The EDE, for a typical dose of four(4) mCi, is 2.4
rem.  The stressful phase of the test would then use Tc99m (as, e.g.,
Cardiolite); twenty (20) mCi is not an unusual dose, and the corresponding
EDE would be 0.96 rem.

I highly recommend that your friend ask his doc, and anyone else involved
with the study, what the purpose of it is.  Also, please note that
examinations in medical imaging are more frequently complementary, than
substitutive, or exclusive.

Break a leg
cja