Rad Engineering Survey

RadSafe Folks --

This is the last call to send in your rad engineering surveys -- or get around to requesting one from me and returning it! Please note my final (??) E-mail address above. (I apologize for the several address changes -- what with the layoff, my home Internet provider changing identities, etc., I hardly know where my In box is.)

The response has been good from DOE sites, but I would still like to hear from several nonresponding DOE sites (you know who you are, Sandia, Brookhaven, and PNNL!). Power plant people and "other facilities", thanks for your information; more responses would be nice for statistical purposes. Also, please note that the responses I received from an RSO and a government oversight person, showing how the core rad engineering functions are covered in alternative organizational settings, were useful.

One preliminary observation: for the most part, there is a striking consistency in the information I've received as to what rad engineers are and do. So it does seem as though "rad engineer" is a role and not just a term for someone performing a loose and arbitrary collection of functions.