Re: No, We're not (definition of nuclear)

>and my 34 years of health physics experience, it is my belief no worker in
>any nuclear facility in the United States, past or present, has ever been
>killed, injured, or seriously inconvenienced by radiation except as a
>direct result of an accident at the facility.
---
Semantics: This may depend on the definition of "nuclear facility" (some
people may think that for instance the production and industrial use of
radium fall under this head) and "accident" (what were the dial painting
events if not accidents?). I don't mean to join hysteria - the exact wording
may however be important to avoid misinterpretations. The key word seems to
be "nuclear" - to me nuclear is much more than NPPs and atom bombs.

OK - my personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com