From: Hohnadel, David ,PhD [mailto:hohnadel@acmlab.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 2:40 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: I-129 Sources

Hi RadSafers:

I'm a clinical biochemist and new lister.
I'm in the process of setting up a Medical Laboratory facility that uses
tracer levels of I-125
for biological testing as part of commercial analytical "kits".  I have
applied to NYSDOH as part of this process
for the license am awaiting their inspector.  In the past, I have always
been a user on a facility license. I seem
to remember using an I-129 sealed source in a test-tube type container
as a secondary standard.  The company
I'm to obtain standard materials from currently only supplies I-125 as
standards.  Does anyone know if these
types of materials are still available and where to obtain them?  Thanks
for your help.

David C. Hohnadel, Ph.D. (FACB)
Technical Director, ACM Medical Laboratories
Phone (716)429-2399     FAX (716)247-7735
hohnadel@acmlab.com