RE: DU and ICRP - an activists view

	So what dose conversion factors are actually being used?  Are the
various countries involved in these conflicts all using the same dose
coefficients?

	For example, we have 3.1E-05 Sv/Bq for inhalation class Y for U-238
in NRPB-GS7 (UK) (1987)
	and 8.0E-6 Sv/Bq inhalation class S  in IAEA Safety Series no.115
(1996).

	I'm asking this because clearly we are going to end up with one
country estimating a radiation dose 4 times higher than another on the same
DU intake, simply because they've used a different dose coefficient.

	Also, it should be possible to calculate  weighted mean dose
coefficients according to the isotopic composition of the uranium, rather
than just using the U-238 figure.  Or is this not valid because 234-U is a
product of U-238 decay?

	Personal non-corporate views only

	keith.bradshaw@nnc.co.uk

NNC Limited