Re: Radiophobia -Hazards of Tooth Fairy Project?-Disrespecful?

Dear Radsafe:
Paul van Rooijen suggests  below that my brief tongue-in-cheek comment about
actor Alec Baldwin's pending divorce vs. Baldwin's apparent radiophobia [from
the perspective of the average reader of Radsafe] concerning "Tooth Fairy"
claims, was not "respectful and professional".

I respectfully disagree. My facetious comment was neither disrespectful or
unprofessional to either Alec Baldwin or Dr. Sternglass. The Tooth Fairy
project of which Alec Baldwin has been such a lead spokesperson in public
forums across the US has been discussed ad nauseum [easily hundreds of
postings] on this board over the past year. My comment about radiophobia and
its possible link to marital status [with Dr. Sternglass waiting in the wings
to make another bizarre claim about radiation risks]  was merely to make a
simple point that it doesn't take a 50 page technical argument to make a
reader or listener realize how weak a claim might be. A single bit of satire
on a line of argument used against your position can at times have more
impact with a listener or reader  than any 15 volume unread environmental
impact statement.

Stewart Farber, MSPH
Consulting Scientist
Public Health Sciences
172 Old Orchard Way
Warren, VT 05674
email: SAFarberMSPH@cs.com

Phone: [802] 496-3356

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty."
 - Sacha Guitry (1885 - 1957)
In a message dated 1/15/01 7:46:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rooyen@aib-vincotte.nl writes:

> > Is is possible that radiation phobia regarding trivial to
>  >nonexistant risks, can be correlated with marital problems among
Hollywood