Re: DU - request for scientific (!) information

Ruth W. sermonized:

> We talk largely to each other on RADSAFE and we are mostly of one mind
about
> junk science, but we must communicate publicly that acting on junk science
> is more than foolish, it is dangerous and costly, and diverts both
attention
> and money from the actual risks that are present in society.  What should
we
> do?

"We" (starting with the leadership of the HPS and the Public Info Committee,
but involving many of "us") should stop being afraid, and should begin to
consistently make this point clearly and forcefully to newsmakers and public
officials. Good sermon, as always, Ruth. But sermons do the congregation no
good as long as they remain theoretical exercises in reasoning, they must
lead to concrete action.

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 322-3190
Fax   (615) 322-3764
e-mail  michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu

"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
- Steven Wright