Lack of experience in DU effects on human health

Many people seem to think that there is little to no experience in the
health effects of working with DU.  Those people must not realize that there
had been DU product manufacturing going on within the U.S. DOE-Defense
Programs complex for decades, circa 1951-1991. Over those years, workers
were exposed to thousands of MTUs (metric-tons uranium) of DU.  Their
external and internal exposures probablly greatly exceeded, by orders of
magnitudes, the doses received by any military or civilian personnel to
date.

Using the no threshold, linear extrapolation assumption, and having worked
with internal and external dosimetry at one of these facilities, if DU
causes all these effects at such low doses to others, "we" should have seen
massive numbers of "Gulf War Syndrome" cases in that population.  That is
not the case.

Don't get me wrong, there are health problems associated with DU, but if you
want to find out what they are, take a look at that population of workers.