Re: Using an ICRP model...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Muckerheide <muckerheide@mediaone.net>
An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Datum: Mittwoch, 17. Jänner 2001 22:18
Betreff: Using an ICRP model...

>..."the risk is very real."  Would you be embarrassed if you were from
>Princeton. :-)
>
>Regards, Jim
>muckerheide@mediaone.net
>=======================

Thank you for forwarding this message. But I do not think that this has
anything to do with an ICRP model.

I bought many years ago in the USA what we call in German (!) "post it" and
which are adhesive stickers. The print said "Some people will read
anything". May I explain that reading your mail this came into my mind and
that I think one can also use the saying "Some people will write anything -
as soon as they receive funding for it". If funding is available for
researching the connection between let's say the incidence of lightning and
the percentage of deaths from coronary diseases - somebody will do it. And
he or she will find a correlation - no doubt. At the moment all kind of
"experts" find a connection between DU and both the Gulf War and Kosovo
Syndrome - maybe they are not even funded, but I know people who would say
anything just to appear on a TV screen. And I know people who refused to
say, what the journalists wanted to hear - and they did not appear on TV or
in the press.

It is therefore not justified to blame anything on ICRP - and remember that
a forwarded mail recently stated that the ICRP is the most criminal
organisation ever existing, because they put forward much to low dose
factors, which downplay the real hazards and that they are responsible for
hundreds of millions and trillions of deaths.

It is not an easy life for ICRP members I suppose.

With my best wishes,

Franz

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schoenhofer;Franz
FN:Franz Schoenhofer
ORG:Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Department of Radiation Protection
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+43-1-71100-4458
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+43-1-495 53 08
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+43-699-116 813 19
TEL;WORK;FAX:+43-1-7122331
TEL;HOME;FAX:+43-1-495 53 08
ADR;WORK:;;Radetzkystr. 2;A-1031 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Radetzkystr. 2=0D=0AA-1031 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
ADR;HOME:;;Habicherg. 31/7;A-1160 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Habicherg. 31/7=0D=0AA-1160 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at
REV:20010117T235411Z
END:VCARD