From: Kevin_Robinson@I-O.COM [mailto:Kevin_Robinson@I-O.COM]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 4:23 PM
To: SAFETY@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Need General Information on the 'Safety' of New NUCLEAR Power
Plants

I am planning to respond to a recent (1-17-01) editorial in the Houston
Chronicle entitled OPEC's Greed Predictable.
Can someone please assist me with information on how safe a newly
constructed
Nuclear Power Plant might be compared to the older designs?

Have we been safely building nuclear power plants for submarines for years
and
yet cannot pull it off for public benefit?  Someone please enlighten me so
that
I can complete my response to this editorial.

Please cite references and  include some statistics if possible.

Thank you,
J. Kevin Robinson, OHST

P.S. Any supporting material on energy sources that are not fossil fuels
would
be helpful as well.

My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.