Croatia: Green eggs & eight legged piglets

Radsafers, the following (below) apparently stems from NucNet (from Jan. 19
I understand) - some of you may be interested. A friend forwarded it to me.

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com
Croatia: Experts Dismiss Reports of 'Nuclear Waste Scandal'

Croatia's hazardous waste management agency has dismissed media reports that
nuclear waste has been secretly buried in a mountain region in central
Croatia.

Today's (Friday) edition of the Blick newspaper - Switzerland's largest
daily, with a readership of some 1.5 million - carried a lead article under
the headline 'Nuclear waste scandal'.

The article claimed that investigations in the mountainous Pozeska region of
central Croatia had shown "nature running amok", due to a "nuclear
catastrophe of undreamt-of proportions".

Blick said: "Hens lay green eggs, piglets have eight legs, and the mushrooms
are as large as footballs". It added that "People in Pozeska are certain"
that nuclear waste has been buried in the region, claimed the government had
"used all means to cover up the scandal", and stated as "fact" that
radiation levels there were "30 times higher than elsewhere in Croatia".
<snip>