Re: birth defects in the children of Gulf War Vets [FW] -Reply

Scott and all,

You are correct, interviews (Or studies?) like this by their very nature can have no valid outcomes Especially looking into DU:

1. The majority of Gulf War vets are males - For there part, the millions of sperm that are released in each mating attempt.  The chances of an unhealthy sperm fertilizing an egg is rare - usually the healthiest win.

2. There would have to be four groups of populations to make any sense: male vets, female vets, male non vets, and female non vets. These would have to be compared.  The survey is not looking at the control groups

3. Other problems - A. the amount of reporting individuals may be biased to those who read the paper -therefore possibly under reported or over reported (special interest groups "becoming gulf war vets")

4. You know I think I'll stop here - If he really wanted to get a great story - he should be looking at asking Saadam's soldiers for information - yeah - now that WOULD be a story. You think they might jump at the chance???

Thanks Melissa for all you've done.   Tom

Tom Savin