Re: Sweden- risk for lack of electricity

>All nuclear power reactors, some fossil fuel stations and the water power
>stations are working well and can produce 26000 MW.
---
Our Swedish newspaper "Dagens Industri" just wrote 28 000 MWe (is there any
difference in interpretation?) and that we were at 26700 MWe yesterday:
http://www.di.se/Scripts/Main/ReadMe.asp?Mobious=Y&ID=2001\02\03\16320

Sorry that most of you can't read this but it is mentioned that closing
Barseback 1 NPP took 600 MWe out of the system. We met the increased demand
yesterday by starting an oilfired plant in southern Sweden to produce 330
MWe and also by important 400 MWe from Denmark (coal & oil fired power) as
well as 60 MWe from Poland (brown coal fired power). This is interesting
since Barseback 1 is located near Denmark and many people there obviously
like to see Barseback shut down. Now they can sell the dirty power to us
with predominating winds going  our direction (but they get some NIMBY
biproducts that few people talk about).

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com