Dose from smoking?

RADSAFERs,

I am compiling an overview about NORM and TENORM in Austria and doses which
might be due to them. I came of course across smoking too and the impact of
Po-210. From own research I know, that Cs-137 is accumulated in tobacco and
also inhaled when a cigarette is smoked.

There was a short thread on radioactivity from cigarette smoking recently.
But what I would need, is some information about possible doses from
smoking. From one reference I have a value of 10 mSv per year (whole body
dose equivalent) for a person smoking one and a half packs of cigarettes per
day. Is this value a good estimate, maybe a mean value or are there other
literature sources with different values known?

I guess that other RADSAFErs might be interested in this topic, because one
should in my opinion show the population that radiation is everywhere. I
hate nothing more than these "self declared intellectuals" who discuss with
you about the dangers of nuclear power plants and everything being
radioactive, while smoking so much that you hardly can see them during the
discussion........

Best regards,

Franz

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schoenhofer;Franz
FN:Franz Schoenhofer
ORG:Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Department of Radiation Protection
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+43-1-71100-4458
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+43-1-495 53 08
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+43-699-116 813 19
TEL;WORK;FAX:+43-1-7122331
TEL;HOME;FAX:+43-1-495 53 08
ADR;WORK:;;Radetzkystr. 2;A-1031 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Radetzkystr. 2=0D=0AA-1031 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
ADR;HOME:;;Habicherg. 31/7;A-1160 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Habicherg. 31/7=0D=0AA-1160 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at
REV:20010209T004924Z
END:VCARD