Title VII, European Radiation Protection Directive

Dear collegues,

The European Radiation Protection Directive should have been implemented by member states by 13. May, 2000. I know only about the United Kingdom having done so.

I am interested in any information about the status of implementation in member states. Moreover I am interested in the approach, which member states probably have taken to implement Title VII, which deals with naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM) and the technologically enhanced naturally occurring radioactive material (TENORM). Moreover I am interested in how other states outside of the EU have dealt with NORM and TENORM. This issue is without doubt extremely controversial. I have to deal with it in my ministry and I would appreciate therefore any information, including links to NORM regulations in other countries. BtW I know Nick Tsurikovs approach, which I find extremely interesting.

Thank you for your informations in advance.

Franz

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schoenhofer;Franz
FN:Franz Schoenhofer
ORG:Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Department of Radiation Protection
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+43-1-71100-4458
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+43-1-495 53 08
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+43-699-116 813 19
TEL;WORK;FAX:+43-1-7122331
TEL;HOME;FAX:+43-1-495 53 08
ADR;WORK:;;Radetzkystr. 2;A-1031 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Radetzkystr. 2=0D=0AA-1031 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
ADR;HOME:;;Habicherg. 31/7;A-1160 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Habicherg. 31/7=0D=0AA-1160 Vienna=0D=0AAustria
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at
REV:20010216T235640Z
END:VCARD