RE: Radioactive Minerals Scare

A few years ago, I was called upon to give an abbreviated Rad Worker
Training class to a civilian scientist at a military research facility.  As
part of her research, she was going to be using microcurie amounts of
tritium as a tracer, completely contained within a glove box.  The young
lady in question was extremely nervous about working with radioactive
materials and it was only at the conclusion of a very long day that she
appeared to be more relaxed with the prospect.

Just as we were leaving, I asked her what she was doing research on in the
containment.  Her answer?   Sarin.

Perhaps its just about the devils one knows.

R.E. Spencer