Re: A quote from Greenpeace Australia

I'd like to thank Phil for his explanation of Greenpeace's "naval actions."
yes they are a terrorist group.  If they have done anything "good" or
positive in the last 20 years, I don't know what it is.  They collect money
by claiming to save the whales or some other wildlife, but I've no idea what
wildlife they have actually saved.

Some years ago, when I was teaching at WWU, I did a seminar series for which
I invited local and national evnironmental groups to each give a seminar on
what they did.  Greenpeace refused my invitation without any explanation.
And no, they didn't have to travel far.

Re influence in the press:  we had several environmental reporters from local
papers come and talk to our classes, and one of them explained this influence
very well.  He said that when greenpeace (or any other group) was staging an
action or doing something in public, they put out press releases and invited
the press, and even though everyone knew the event was staged for press
attention, all the media attended because all the OTHER media attended and no
one wanted to be "scooped."  It would take a total boycott for this not to
happen.

Ruth Weiner
ruthweiner@aol.com