(The memory device) Re: Radioactive Minerals Scare

Greetings,

Ruth Weiner wrote:

They just want to sell newspapers or movies or
whatever.
Out local press still religiously seeks out the
anti-nuke groups for comment
on every story that in any way involves the WIPP,
although most of
these"groups" aren't groups but a
few individuals and, frankly, they lost their fight.

Not to offend anybody with comparison or with anything
like that,

1. In someway their ("groups") story is similar to
nudists  movement's downfall.
There is no new/young blood and...... I will stop
right here.

To come back to the subject,

2. The next generations are considering the radiation
as a very cool and a HOT stuff.
Look at today's teens, they ain't not gonna listen to
scary stories about downwinds. They love everything
aggressive
and energetic.

However, There is an interesting observesion:

3. This is a POTENTIAL way into repeating mistakes
those early days of the nuclear era.
There should be a some MEMORY device to replace on one
hand scare and hysteria, on the other bravado and
ignorance. All that must be replaced with a normal
memory of mistakes and victories.

Do we want to repeat the past?
Think about it.

Well, believe or not, some of us do want(!!!), some
don't. There are many different reasons.

Personally,
I don't.

4. So who is going to be the device?
To be even more humble....i have a very good memory.
i will be the device.

5. Clarification:
The sentence #4 indeed, was more as a joke.

For everyone: Think about it
and have a nice and relaxing the second part of the
week.

And I guess, see Y'all in March with the Academy award
nominations of the best among certificate holders.

Emil.