Re: Re Special Form Certificates Applied to Old Sources.

working life on gauges:
for instance take the troxler moisture/density gauge, it has an americiumBe
(t1/2 248) and a cesium source; the working life is only 15 years reason -
as the gauge is used the rod which holds the cesium source takes wear and
tear as well as the shutter for the amercium housing-they are used in
harsh/cruddy enviroments at times.

--On Thursday, February 22, 2001, 8:03 PM -0600 Emil Murat